Retail data solutions
Retailers with one or more outlet is experience a huge dataflow in a daily basis through different applications from different vendors. Some major challenges like:-
- Manage huge volume of data and be able to analyze this data and take business decisions.
- Deal with siloed applications from different providers hampering cross application analysis and workflows.
- Get real time velocity to be able to respond to customer needs or events timely.
- Drive decisions without data lead to lower customer satisfaction, poor business management and higher costs.
Retail data solutions are an industry-specific workload on Microsoft Fabric that enables you to integrate, enhance, and analyse your industry data while generating insights quicker. Retail data solutions allow you to leverage Fabric’s strength and flexibility to handle retail issues and opportunities. Retailers may also benefit from an extensive number of connections, application templates, and business intelligence tools that are easily configurable.
The following are some of the key capabilities available on top of Retail data solutions.
- Retail industry data model, which helps retailers to standardize, unify and harmonize their data and store in a standard format.
- Copilot template for personalized shopping, which provides conversational commerce experience for retailers to improve their customer experience.
- Sitecore OrderCloud connector, which allows retailers to bring Sitecore OrderCloud data and be able to generate valuable insights on customer behaviour and buying patterns.
- Frequently bought together model, which provides recommendations on most widely purchased products based upon historical information and enables retailers to better optimize the shelf location and upsell products.
- Retail data solutions enable retailers to use data to make strategic decisions, increase operational efficiency, and provide great consumer value in a dynamic and competitive market.
Sustainability data solution (Preview)
The capabilities enable you to:
- Compute, analyze, and disclose ESG metrics by centralizing and transforming disparate data into standardized ESG data lakes.
- Report and analyze Microsoft Azure emissions data by collecting and processing subscription and resource level emissions data in a data lake.
- Build custom reports, environmental metrics, and insightful analytics for carbon, water, and waste by connecting to your data in Microsoft Sustainability Manager.
- Compute, analyze, and disclose social and governance metrics by combining and transforming
The Sustainability Data Solutions in Fabric (preview) feature is an industry-specific workload on Microsoft Fabric. It consists of several capabilities that offer prebuilt and preconfigured Fabric resources. These tools include data lakes, prebuilt notebooks, and dashboards that can ingest, analyse, aggregate, and show data for a variety of ESG scenarios.
In this preview release, the Sustainability data solutions in Fabric (preview) feature supports these capabilities:
- ESG data estate : This data estate allows you to combine ESG data from various sources into a standard schema that provides data models for environmental, social, and governance records.
- Microsoft Azure emissions insights : This data estate helps you to centralize, query, and analyze your Azure emissions data.
- Environmental metrics and analytics: This data estate helps you to directly connect your environmental data from Microsoft Sustainability Manager to the data lake as tables. You can then process this data according to your sustainability needs to create custom environmental notebooks and build insights to better understand your carbon, water, and waste emissions.
- Social and governance metrics and reports: This data estate allows you to combine disparate data from various sources into a standard schema that provides data models for social and governance records. You can then use the standardized data to define, compute, and analyze social and governance metrics. You can also visualize the trendlines and explore social and governance metrics through interactive dashboards.